Marian on Shopping, Budgeting, Salu-Salo Challenge
As a Family, Food, and Fun Place, WalterMart Supermarket recently launched its 10.10 Double Deals, part of which was the P2000 Salu-Salo Challenge with Marian Rivera which was recently conducted live on Facebook.
The challenge was an offshoot of a letter whose sender asked Marian for her tips on how to budget/save P2k for a group meal of 10. For this, Marian navigated the WalterMart Supermarket’s Grocery Delivery (GD) app, which has a list of meal suggestions where customers can just click the designated recipe and all the ingredients needed on that recipe will go directly to her cart. The Grocery Delivery app also has a capability where customers can choose the quantity (kg) needed for all the fresh products.
With a P2k budget, Marian was able to make four of her family’s favorite recipes: spaghetti, menudo, barbecue and lumpiang shanghai. With her extra money, she was also able to buy some snacks through the GD app, Promo Tab.
How did she do it? Here are Marian shares some tips on how to budget/save P2k for a group meal of 10 people with a little help from the WalterMart Supermarket delivery service:
- Plan your budget well. Marian identified the budget she would need budget for meals, drinks, and for other things needed for a salo-salo. With that, she made a list.
- “WalterMart helps you budget easily because they have suggested meal recipes that will help you forecast how much would you need for a certain meal,” she says. “Everday Savings kasi sa WalterMart”
- Stick to your budget. Marian suggests that we be practical when buying ingredients. “Look for alternatives that of the same quality but with better value,” she shares. “You don’t need expensive ingredients just to cook for your most well loved recipes. We can explore other options.”
- She adds that she also doesn’t believe in quality over quantity. “Why do you have to choose between the two?” she asks. The best is to have” quantity but of course without compromising quality.”
- And she is happy that WalterMart supermarket has many available options of good quality products that can fit into one’s budget. “Kumpleto dito eh,” she says
- Schedule your grocery shopping. For Marian, the earlier you shop in the day, the better. It’s better to avoid the rush and crowds, especially now since safety is our priority.
- For her salu-salo ingredients, Marian availed of WalterMart supermarket’s delivery service, which she found to be quick and efficient. “You order online and the ingredients will be delivered to your doorstep,” she says. “Kaya ok na ok ang service.”
Look for promos. With most of us budget conscious these days, Marian suggests that we regularly check promos being offered.
She was surprised that with WalterMart’s daily promos, she had extra money left for her guilty pleasures like snacks or things for her kids. “Hindi ka lang basta nakasave, masayang masaya ka pa kasi nga, you get more than what you budget for,” she enthuses. “In the end, happy ang shopping mo!”
One promo she is looking forward to is WalterMart’s P99 Anniversaya Deals on October 15 to 18, where one can enjoy great bundled packs of P99, P199 and P299.
Avail of these Anniversary deals in store or via WalterMart Delivery services, with over 15,000 products to choose from. You can be sure that all items are delivered fresh and in proper packaging, same-day delivery. Contactless payment options are available for the customer’s preference: Mastercard, Visa, GCash, GrabPay, Amex, Alipay and Wechat. It also accepts cash on delivery option.
WalterMart Delivery is now serving 15 communities with Online Grocery convenience: WalterMart North Edsa, Makati, Pasay, Sucat, Dasmarinas, Taytay, Tagaytay, Carmona, General Trias, Cabuyao, Tanauan, Sta. Maria, San Fernando,Gapan and Bicutan.
For more updates, visit our facebook page @Waltermart Supermarket or check our website at www.waltermart.com.ph.