BAVI Concludes First Run of Leadership Development Program
The first of its kind in the local poultry industry, the LDP engages BAVI’s management trainees (MTs) in a program composed of intensive training and individual coaching sessions. It has been instrumental in the company’s continuing growth. In its first year, 2017-2018, program participants earned sales that were 5% higher than non-participants’ sales.
The LDP’s culminating activity synthesized the program’s lessons. Renowned basketball coach and former TV5 CEO Chot Reyes gave a lecture on the importance of “hustle stats,” that sheer diligence of team members, day in and day out.
On the other hand, the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) president and Investors in People Philippines CEO Gerry Plana delivered a presentation on the six senses of an inspiring leader.
Of the program’s 73 participants nationwide, several received awards. The Pinnacle Leadership Award was given to participants who maintained “Level 5 leadership” throughout the program period. This was based on an assessment survey given before and after the program.
- Arnold Soriaga – Bacolod Business Center
- Jezreel Bazaar – Bacolod Business Center
- Joseph Patrimonio – Dumaguete Business Center
- Kenneth Grancapal – Cebu Business Center
- Cherry Managbanag – Cagayan De Oro Business Center
- Mark Cabales – Cagayan De Oro Business Center
- Roldan Rafal – Cagayan De Oro Business Center
- Maricel Rafanan – Pangasinan Business Center
- Clemen Alvarez – Ilocos Business Center
- James Pambid – Ilocos Business Center
- Alfredo Cagurungan – Isabela Business Center
Meanwhile, the Most Improved Leader award was given to participants who exemplified consistent improvement in their leadership level, as shown by assessments before and after the program:
- Ren Czylo Advincula – Bacolod Business Center
- Franco Leo Papica – Davao Business Center
- Rolly Calub – Isabela Business Center
In his address to the participants, BAVI president and general manager Ronald Mascariñas encouraged them to remain committed to apply the leadership skills they had learned in the LDP.